Building Trust and Restoration
This workshop will enable faith communities and child centered practitioners develop their working knowledge of the roles that faith and religious beliefs can play in parenting and child rearing within different Nigerian communities, the implications on child safeguarding, effective intervention as well as assessment.
This workshop will:
- Examine the role our culture and religion plays in child rearing and parenting within families and communities
- Discussed the link between culture and religion addressing the impact on child safeguarding abuse
- Explore strategies to enable better intervention in families where there are safeguarding and child protection concerns based on belief and religious practices
- Explore the role that faith organizations can play in helping to safeguard children from harm and abuse
- Discuss how to harness the positive effects of faith organisations to enable effective intervention in families and communities where there are safeguarding and child protection concerns based on beliefs and religion.
Parents and all Faith Organisations, Communities and Professionals who work regularly with children and young people, with particular responsibility for safeguarding children
Facilitators: SaffronSDGF Consultants, Trainers, Clinical Child Psychologist and other Partner Agencies
Time: 11:00am – 1:30pm
Venue: Emailed in confirmation letter to paid participants
Fees: N5,000 per person