To foster a detailed understanding of child development and how the quality of the care they receive can have an impact on a child’s development, health and well-being. Identify planned timely action appropriate for the child’s age and stage of development.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Understanding Developmental Milestones in children
- Identifying Positive Parenting skills
- Understand and identify the dimensions of child development?
- Recognise the developmental symptoms of harm, why does this happen and what we need to do as professionals
- Identify what gets in the way of seeing the obvious
- Discuss outcomes do we want children to achieve
Those in regular contact with children and adults, who are parent/s or carers (people who are in a position to identify concerns about maltreatment, harm or risk to children).
Also, Professionals who work regularly with children and those who may be asked to contribute to assessments of children in need of help. This includes those people who come into contact with parents or carers of children, such as: those working with children living with mental health issues or learning disabilities, Child Centred NGO’s, all Health care professionals, hospital and community health staff, family centre workers, teachers, education welfare officers, social workers, librarians, child minders, those working with children in residential and day care settings.
Participants must have completed the core course – Understanding Safeguarding and Child Protection
SaffronSDGF – Social Care Consultants/Trainers and Min. of Youth and Social Development Trainer
Duration: 1 Day
Time: 9.00am – 4.00pm
Venue:Emailed in confirmation letter to paid participants
Fees:N10,000 per person